So, I learned that my house has termites. I learned this because the little critters are coming out of my living room ceiling! 3 strands seemingly appeared over night! I have to say that it really gives me the willies being in that room!
Naturally, as soon as I noticed them, I started looking in the phone book for someone to take care of the problem. And just as naturally, it was a weekend so there was no one answering the phones when I called. It took 3 days to get someone out just to give me an estimate!
Now, I never really had any practical experience in dealing with these pests, but I remember several years ago learning from a friend that the treatments can be rather expensive. And now I know that he's right! The first quote I got was for over $1000.00! Then I experienced various problems getting someone else out to the house to give me a 2nd estimate, but today it finally happened. Here's the thing: I got the referral from my ex-fiancé who now lives in Ohio. She recommended this guy that she knew here in Phoenix. She said he specialized in treating termites and that he may actually give me a discount if I tell him that she referred me. And even though I know that this was a guy she was "dating" while we were "broken up" but still living together...a buck is a buck so I gave the man a call.
Turns out, a buck is actually closer to $300! His price quote was $300 less then the first estimate I got and he will do more work, with a longer (lifetime) guarantee! So, I think I can swallow my pride a bit and save some cash along the way.
So tell me, what would you do in this situation?
This Camera Brand Will Pay You to Live and Create in Hong Kong
-
[image: camera brand content creator job]
Camera brand Flashback is hiring a content creator to live and work in Hong
Kong for three to six months, with sa...
5 hours ago

2 comments:
I'm with Chris...
"It's not rocket science, just say yes and we can move on."
Will Farell, SNL
I'm slogging through a similar situation right now.
What she did wasn't fair to you, but termites are termites. they need to go, and soon.
Post a Comment