About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

You don't REALLY think that's FUNNY...Do You? (Yes, this is a serious Rant. I'm not being facetious...)

*Disclaimer: This comment is directed to the public in general and is NOT directed toward anyone specific poster of these videos.
-- -- --
I have seen postings of these "Scary" videos floating around on line for a while. You know, the vids that capture the reactions of innocent people when someone jumps out of a refrigerator at them...or comes out of the closet with a Chainsaw... I'm sure you've seen your share. You may have even thought they were funny. I don't know how that is. Hhmm...Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am a "Fuddy Duddy".

Personally, I find no humor in watching people scare others to the point that they may actually injure themselves. People falling off ladders...propelling themselves backwards into solid objects, striking out with whatever is in their hands at what or who ever is in front of them with the mask...

I'm sure one of the thoughts of some of the people who will read rant of mine will be that I am taking this too seriously and I should lighten up! Learn to laugh at stuff! They may even come at me with a serious attempt to justify why it's funny. Hey...I love a good discussion, but I have to wonder: When you hear from a friend or on the news about people taken to the hospital for serious injuries they incurred from being the target of these activities...do you laugh at that too? Do you feel a desire to try out a scare-gag or two yourself? Maybe post a video online and get your 15 minutes of "eFame"?

If you do, my advise to you is: Please keep your distance from me. I can not and will not be held personally responsible for the damage I am likely to inflict on you during my reaction to a prank you pulled just because because you thought it would be "Funny" to scare me.

However, even if you don't take my advice, I still offer this to you: I Promise I Won't Laugh as you speed away to a medical facility with the Broken Arm, or cracked rib you got when things didn't go as you planned.

Well...I might snicker a little, but you won't mind...will ya?

===Steven===>>

No comments: