About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

This is a man you HAVE to meet


The Dark Ones February Party was last night. As usual I was there with camera in hand wandering and snapping pics when I stepped into the backyard and encountered someone I hadn't seen/met before (but whom I honestly thought I had "seen around" in the past). He's in garb (as am I) and I say to him: "I have to take your picture." Not "Hello" or "Hi, I'm Wilgar, can I take your picture?". It was just a feeling that I had that I already knew him. So, after snapping the pic a few times (damn! Low Light photography is challenging!) we started talking. And THAT'S when it happened. The things he told me about his life and how he came to be a traveling performer (he's a Juggler and works the Ren Faire circuits for a living) opened my mind. He's also a Martial Artist, and a Photographer. If he played drums, I would have asked him to marry me right there!
A little later I introduced him to my best friend Oshiah who is my Martial Arts teacher as well and pretty soon Thomas and Oshiah are lost in conversation. (Guess I done good!)
I will be working on posting the pics from the party and posting them to my Flickr page very soon. In the meantime, watch Thomas's Demo Video to get a hint at what he does.
Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is one of the most interesting, intelligent, charismatic, and wonderful men that you will ever meet. He is proficient in everything he puts his mind to, and loves to share those gifts with anyone who would have it. Even through all the bad things that have happened in his life, all the experiences, he remains completely pure of heart.

I'm glad you got to meet him.
Me? I kept him. ;)

~Dreamie~