About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Monday, May 02, 2005

It's Official! I am REAL Amateur Photographer!

Yeah...like THAT'S something to jump up and down about! Well, actually, it is!
You see, for many years I have wanted to get involved in photography, but I never really did anything about moving forward in that direction. Well, a few weeks ago I decided to change that. I started posting ads on Craigslist offering free photography sessions to ladies just so I can get the experience. And last night it happened! A lovely girl named Lili took me up on the offer! When I started posting the ad, I had no idea what the actual photo session would be like. Since I am NOT a pro, and don't have "Pro Gear" (Just a nice Digital Camera...but you all should know that by now) I thought that the best way to go about it was to talk to the potential client to learn what she wanted to do and figure it out from there. I never thought the shoot would be taking place in my bedroom or that it would be going on past 2:30am! (Well...now I know better!)

Since my Blogging time is really limited at the moment, I will just say for now that we shot over 500 images and she seemed genuinely pleased with the results. I really hope she posts a positive ad on CL to let other ladies know that this is a good deal! There is more to this story, but I will have to save that for another session.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, I promised that I wouldn't post her pics anywhere so I can't show you what we did. All I can say is: Wow. (Yeah, I know. I am such a tease!)

No comments: