About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Paperclips

I would like to share something with you. I won't waste a lot of words here, because what I am sharing is an article that is a tad lengthy and I don't want to wear out your patience.
Please, read this and if, afterwards you have the desire, share your thoughts about it here.
I would like that.

Thank you friends.

===Steven===>>

3 comments:

The Paradoxical Pariah said...

I was speechless...

What a profound, tactile way to teach such an important lesson. Getting children to literally see and define the actual numbers is in itself an amazing feat, but to have such empathy and wisdom and compassion attached to the lesson is simply extrordinary. Would I allow my child to take the class? In a heartbeat. As I have gotten older the one thing that I find changing the most within myself is the desire for tolerance. An openness towards others that is loving and understanding. There is, in my mind no other gift we can give one another quite so valuable. Every human being wants to be heard, to be understood, to be valued for their existence. This class, for these children, is one step in teaching the world that everyday we need to actively make the choice to honor humanity. We honor eachother in the things we say and in the things we do, little and big. What a perfect symbol for their memorial, a little, ordinary paperclip.
How miraculous the common place can sometimes be.
Just like some people I know...

Steven said...

Hey...are you calling me CommonPlace?? :)
Thank you so much for not only taking the time to read the article, but to comment here as well. It's good to know there are others in the world that feel this is a significant story. I have to say that as much as I appreciated reading about it, watching the movie was even better! (I DVR'd it in case you are interested in seeing it at some point...)
Oh, as far as miracles go, you need look no further than your mirror. I KNOW the things that you do in your life, so you should be very proud of the fact that your children don't NEED paperclips to show them what is important in life. They already learned that from thier parents...

Unknown said...

Thank you. I had no idea that this had happened, and if I can get a copy of this movie, I will.

There are clips in that car for me and mine, and none of my family has any idea of how many. But they're in there, and that's what matters.