About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

How Dumping TV Allowed Me to Quit My Job, Create an Online Business and Fund My Retirement Account - SavingAdvice.com Blog

How Dumping TV Allowed Me to Quit My Job, Create an Online Business and Fund My Retirement Account - SavingAdvice.com Blog

For those of you who know me personally, this may seem to be a strange article to blog about. For those who don't know me: I make my living working for the local cable company, so the fact that people watch a lot of TV is a "Good Thing" for me.
But my PERSONAL viewing habits warrent a review.

It's true that I don't watch any particular programs with any regularity, and that I have a DVR and avail myself of the joys of Time Shifting and skimming thru commercials, but still...

When I am bored, I do watch a lot of junk just because it's there. I surf thru channels that I normally don't watch often and find little gems that capture my attention (and drain my creative impulses) for hours at a time. Considering all the things on my "To Do" list...TV should be a very low priority. But it's so EASY to turn it on and lose myself for a few hours. I guess that's an important thing to do...but there are other, better ways of doing that (like reading, or photography...hhmm, There's a Thought!)

Enjoy the article!

===Steven===>>

No comments: