About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

On the Mend...

Hang on, this is going to be a long, rambling post filled with a lot of "Stream of Conscienceness" typing!

So...this is life without a gallbladder. Ick. Well, it's not so bad, but I am still dealing with recovering from the procedure. When I came home from the hospital last Saturday, after being there for a week, I sill had this drain thingy in me that was making life a tad more interesting (and disgusting) than normal. But it's out now (yeah!) and now all I have to do is heal up the muliple little holes in my abdomin and life will be just peachy! Funny...I don't know why I use that term as I don't like peaches!

So, being at home has finally afforded me the time to get a few things done...like going thru old piles of stuff that has been on my floor for a REALLY long time! I really put my shredder to the test! Filled two bags in the process of cleaning up. Then, once that was done I tackled a project I had been wanting to do for a while: connecting a second monitor to my computer. This should facilitate my photo editing by giving me a LOT more desktop space and two different screeen types to compare things on. The LCD and CRT show images very differently and it's nice to know I can check the colors of the images so easily.

I also had the opportunity to put together a new shelving unit that I bought about 6 months ago and now have the opportunity to organize things even more! With any luck I will be able to clear all the stuff off of my drafting table and be able to actually USE it for it's intended purpose! Wish me luck on that.

On a completely different note: I am still dealing with the recent passing of my mother Loretta. She died of complications from the treatment of her lung cancer just 2 days before her birthday. Now THAT is irony. I was there at her side when she passed. I am not going to go into details here, but let me just say it's something I will never forget. I was also there at my fathers side shortly before he passed away in 1990. I would have been AT his side had I known he was leaving...but as he was in ICU the staff made me leave the room. These two events weigh pretty heavily on me and I am having a hard time dealing with life at the moment.

But! Not to worry! I know things will work out. I have the love and support of both of my amazing sisters and that means the world to me! Whenever I am really down, I know I can call on them to help snap me out of it.

My friend Judy is also a HUGE help in giving me confidence and letting me bend her ear when I need to vent. Thank you for being there for me, Cutie Pants.

So, that is the update on my physical, mental and emotional state of being. If you'll excuse me I think I will go off and try to cry. It hasn't happened yet, but I am hopeful!

My love to all of you!

===Steven===>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eek, I had no idea you were in the hospital, I hope you are feeling much better! I'm sorry about your loss of your mother as well. Take care!