About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Friday, July 16, 2004

Bananafanafofaser

Ever been shot by a laser beam? No, really. It's a serious question. Because if you ever wanted to know what it feels like, I can tell you. I have been shot hundreds of times by one...and I lived to blog about it! But, just so you don't think I am a total loser, I got my fair amount of shots in as well! And I can tell you that it is much more satisfying to be the shooter than the target!
 
In case you haven't followed the link yet and figured out what I am talking about, let me explain. No. There is too much. Let me "sum up". I am talking about Laser Quest! And there is really nothing like it that I know of! I have played Paintball, (and I LOVE it!) but there are just times when you don't want to end the day with a bunch of bruises all over your body! So, what is a guy to do when that urge to fire a weapon at your co-workers comes over you? Get a gun? Not me... Not since I now have LQ as an outlet for my aggressions!!
 
OK, maybe I am being too melodramatic. But the truth is, this was a whole lot of fun and a great "bonding" experience with the folks I work with. This was the "Team Building" party that Cox Communications paid for. There were about 20 of us from work that went there and played 3 games. Each one is 15 minutes, so I had about 45 minutes of Cardio in the dark tonight!! Heh! I didn't think I would SWEAT that much!! I came out close to the top in each game, ranking 4th, 3rd and 6th out of around 20 each game. Woot!! So I am pretty happy. My score really should have been higher, but the accuracy of those weapons is questionable if you ask me!
 
There were times when, as I was moving thru the upper and lower levels of the Maze I felt like I was in a scene in Star Wars shooting the Storm troopers while running down the corridors of the Death Star! No one ever said I was stable!
 
So, if you have never been there, what are you waiting for! Get some friends together, or even better, some coworkers, and go!! It is such a BLAST! (You KNOW I couldn't resist That One!!)
 


No comments: