About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Friday, July 23, 2004

Yet another step in the direction of a Transhumanist World

I am not as well versed in the concepts of Transhumanism as a friend of mine is, but from my limited understanding of the concepts, a beauty pageant for admittedly altered human women is another step in societies acceptance of Human Modifications.
After this, we may well see genetic manipulations as a way to provide our species with the beautiful appearances that we all crave without the costs and dangers associated with going ”Under the Knife”.

Ananova - Miss Plastic Surgery!

1 comment:

GreatMamboChicken said...

Of course I'm wondering what the minimum qualifications are. If she gets a nose job, is that enough? What if she had her pinkie toe straightened surgically? I'm also wondering about the ideal look. If all the contestants have to be altered, I'd think there would be certain aspects that all the judges are looking for. A Roman nose, German cheeks, Asian eyes, English teeth? Eventually, we'll decide what we all deem perfect and then just build it. Makes me think of the movies Gattica and Looker (that's going back a bit).

And yes, that Transhumanist he speaks of... it's me.

Evolve Intentionally!