About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Great Mambo Chicken!

An amazing thing happened to me yesterday. In my mailbox, I found the strangest thing. A chicken. But that’s not the amazing part. What was amazing was that the chicken talked to me. Really.

More than just the traditional “Bawk!” that most chickens are prone to say, this one started telling me things that were really quite fascinating! Astonishing things about cryogenics, nanotechnology and the ability to transfer the human mind into a computer! All of these things may be a part of the way humans live and evolve in the future. And some of it in the near future! Some day “soon” people may be able to extend our lives - indefinitely!

As a result of the prospect of living forever, we would need to find a way off the planet and start spreading out into the cosmos in order to avoid overcrowding on Mother Earth.

Well…as if all of that weren’t enough, the chicken hinted at more conversations of this type that we will be having soon. Very soon! You see, this is the Great Mambo Chicken, and it’s telling me of the Transhuman Condition. This is sort of a “gray area between overheated imagination and overheated reality”. And since my chicken is really a book, and the conversations are actually just me reading the book, I know that I will be talking to the chicken more since all of the things I mentioned so far are just from the introduction. I still have 300 pages left to read! And I can’t Wait!!

No comments: