About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Feeling a little inadequate

There are so many times when I encounter other people in one way or another that just makes me feel...inadequate. I know that there are friends and family members in my life that would vehemently disagree with that sentiment. But, that's what friends and family do. Hell, I do that for friends and family too when I discover thier feelings of inadequacy. I can't help it. I see them as the people that I need them to be. Intelligent, kind, generous, loving, worthwhile people. But even though all of those words are accurate, it doesn't stop them from feeling the way they do at times. We all go through it. At least, that is what I tell myself to comfort myself when feeling this way. But even if it's just SOME people and not ALL people that feel this way, I know it's a natural feeling. The issue is whether we let that feeling rule our lives or not. Recently I have been. I need to stop, but I am having difficulty finding the fire to light under my own butt.
For those of you who know me that are reading this...don't panic. I am just going through a "down" cycle. Maybe it's the meds I have been taking for my diabetes. Maybe it's something else. Whatever it is, it won't last forever. I know this. I just hope it ends soon.

Thanks for letting me bend your ears (eyes??) and vent to you a bit. It really does help.

2 comments:

The Paradoxical Pariah said...

I have some matches you could borrow, or maybe a butane lighter? No? Flame thrower...? ;)

Anonymous said...

Steven I love you and have no real words of wisdom to aide you in this your dark hour....but I always have a hug for you and frequently make wishes upon random shooting stars with you and your happiness in mind. No, really. I feel that I have not made myself more available to you as your friend, I apologize for that. So please feel free to collect those hugs and or call me at home and make plans to do so and or cuddle time. Jess, the kids and I all love you very much and we are here for you...in kaotic bliss-our home is always open to you...always.
Kiss-Hugs,
Jammie

"And now heres something we hope you'll really like","Button up my sleeve-Presto!"
:}