About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ramblings of a Working Man

Be prepared…this may tend to ramble a bit. Sorry. It’s just the way the thoughts are flowing at the moment…

It keeps happening to me while I am at work. I get involved in a thought or a feeling that is the true essence of me, and then the distractions of my surroundings take it all away from me. I think at the time it happens that the feeling is gone forever, but somehow it keeps coming back to me. But it seems to only come when I am not able to capitalize on it. Like now, when I am surrounded by visual and audible distractions (i.e. my job…)

Some of you may ask why I seem to do most of my posting while on the job. Well, the simple truth is that my home is even more of a distraction at times. With the girls vying for my attention, and the constant sound of the TV coming from across the hall, and the general disarray of my room and such…sitting at my desk at work seems to be the more conducive place for me to write. Personally I think that is sad and I would like to change that. Hhhmm…

So, back to the point I was making. I was reading on a friend’s blog some of her deepest thoughts. At least they SEEM like her deepest thoughts. They are at least the deep thoughts that she has chosen to share with the world by publishing them on her Web Log. But I know from the few brief encounters that I have had with her that she is a deep thinker and there are still things deep inside that will likely never make it to the page just because that is the way deep thoughts are…I am looking forward to seeing more of these thoughts bubble up to the surface.

And, for anyone out there that is lurking in the background who may be thinking of starting a blog of their own, I would encourage you to take that step. Take the all-important first step. Start writing your petty thoughts and let someone else read them. It is very liberating. Believe me.

1 comment:

The Paradoxical Pariah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.