About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

You wouldn't be reading this if it weren't for...

Old Computers.

There is something unmistakably cool about looking at the top of the line, state of the art personal electronic devices that our parents had when we were groing up. I still to this day have a vivid memory of the sound that my fathers "ancient" adding machine made as he punched in the numbers and hit the final key to calculate the answer to his mathematical question. It was loud and obnoxious at the time, but the memory is fond and warm to me now. I remember that he marveled at the cost of the machine. He bought it at the Park and Swap for $20.00. The part of this that he marveled at was his memory of paying several HUNDRED dollars for the SAME MACHINE just 20 years previous.

So, when I came across this website that is an on line museum of the machines that have come before, I couldn't resist sharing the link. I know there are some of my friends that won't get as big a kick out of this as I did...and there are others that will like it even more. But no matter where your personal interest lays you have to acknowledge that you wouldn't be where you are at this moment, doing what you are doing right now if it weren't for these machines that have come before...

http://www.oldcomputers.net/

No comments: