About Me

My photo
I live in Phoenix AZ, and have been working at the cable company since 1989, (I'll let you do the math...it depresses me too much!). I have a dog and a drum set at home that I play with/on regularly. Oh...and a computer. Duh... I shoot all Canon gear. Currently the 40D. I mainly focus on Glamour/Beauty/Artistic Nude photography, but I also love Event & Street photography!

Monday, June 28, 2004

Doesn't this look fake?

This is reported by the JPL (Jet Propulsion Labratory) to be an image sent by the Cassini-Huygens spacecraft.
Personally, this image reminds of the only time I ever visited the Grand Canyon. I remember looking out over the south rim from an observation area. The magnificence of the view was only diminished by the thought that the whole thing “looked” fake!

Well, with all the ways we have today of creating an image like this from scratch, it certainly seems possible that this is one of those. But since I got the image from the JPL site, I will give them the benefit of the doubt!

You tell me what you think of this image…!

2 comments:

Myridian said...

It just occurred to me that perhaps the JPL folks should have modified their image to make it look more "real". Isn't it a scream when you have to fake real.

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's quite common for them to run an image through the studio before releasing it. That's probably one of the reasons this looks so CG because the reality we're used to has been enhanced.

I've watched the unedited video of the highly controversial moon walk. It's available on the NASA site. You can barely make out the images on that thing! No wonder so many people doubt the validity of the one released to the public.

Well, other than the fact that it never happened! hehe

Oshiah